CENTRAL AUSTIN NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
You can also mail to us at:
Central Austin Neighborhood Association (CANA)
PO Box 531
Oak Park, IL 60303
East: Menard (5800 West) West: Austin (6000 West)
North: Corcoran (400 North) South: Madison (0 North)
Mission To unite institutions and residents to build and protect an excellent place to live, work, play, raise children, run a business and worship
Goal To identify, strategize, and organize around significant community issues
- To improve the physical and moral environment of the neighborhood.
- To eliminate nuisances or unwholesome influences in the neighborhood.
- To cooperate with various governmental agencies to improve the economic, health, safety, physical, and cultural standards
The Central Austin Neighborhood Association, CANA, seeks to bring together all members of the neighborhood to advocate for improvement in our neighborhood. Our members pool their time, expertise and resources to accomplish common goals. We combine our efforts to get more done.
Get things done in your community
Things we would like to do with your help
Anti litter campaign
Assigned police beat officer for our community: foot and bike patrol
Plant flowers at all of the corners in our 16 blocks
Fall Festival for all 16 blocks
Create a greater sense of community
Improve surrounding blocks in addition to your block
Support blocks that don’t have block club
Provide outlet and events for youth throughout our community
Increase sense of ownership in future of community
Attract more businesses and employers to this community
Address problem buildings and loitering
Create a more beautiful landscape for the entire community
Identify alternative strategies for neighborhood safety
Work with city, state and federal government to bring more and better services to our community
Where our mission is brought to reality
- Determine vision
- Identify and rank priorities
- Select at least one goal to achieve by August 21
- For each activity, develop program plan: Tasks, responsibilities ,due date, budget. Internal and external resources needed
Invite/increase participation by all inhabitants of target area
Create a more inviting visual of our neighborhood..
Identify and implement alternative strategies for creating a greater sense of safety
Identify services available to our community from all levels of government. Seek methods and ways to increase level and type of services received.
Explore best practices for community improvement and development. Identify models or tactics used by other groups.
BENEFITS OF JOINING CANA
- Combine our voices and efforts to get more done in our community
- Develop spirit of cooperation among all who work, run a business, raise children, worship and live in this area
- Bring more and better governmental services
- Make our community look more beautiful
- Attract more employers and increase support for businesses in our community
- Provide additional outlets and events for youth
- Implement additional strategies to increase sense of safety