Youth/Family Activities Committee Overview:
Provide activities for our youth and families to positively channel their energy toward self improvement and healthy growth.
Where our mission is brought to reality
- Determine vision
- Identify and rank priorities
- Select at least one goal to achieve by August 21
- For each activity, develop program plan: Tasks, responsibilities ,due date, budget. Internal and external resources needed
Facilitator: Serethea Matthews-Reid
- Plan age appropriate activities for youth, teens and families
- Encourage growth and development of our children with learning activities after school and weekends.
- Plan trips and local activities such as tours and group nights out.
- Organize events such as subsidized ski trips, library tours, museum visits, movie nights, etc.
- Investigate partnership with Austin YMCA
- Investigate possible CANA Youth Activities facility at 335 N. Mason
– plan events
– get tickets
– transport kids
– teach classes
– call parents
– manage parent permission slips
– call families
– maintain event calendar on web site