Block Beautification Committee Overview:
Create a more inviting visual of our neighborhood.
Where our mission is brought to reality
- Determine vision
- Identify and rank priorities
- Select at least one goal to achieve by August 21
- For each activity, develop program plan: Tasks, responsibilities ,due date, budget. Internal and external resources needed
- Prepare monthly status report for each meeting and post on web site
Facilitator: Marvin Marshall
- Work with all blocks to design a beautification plan
- Build a team of volunteers to assist block with corner plantings, trash pick up, alley cleaning, yard work and home repairs for the elderly.
- Explore a non profit landscaping and/or home repair business that hires and trains community members in need of work.
- Design and launch an anti-litter campaign in our neighborhood.
- Work with City to revive anti-litter campaigns in the Austin community that includes our schools and businesses with “Adopt a Hi-way” principles.
- Work with City to get beautification support that includes tools, aggressive litter enforcement, dilapidated garage tear downs, board ups and abandoned buildings clean-up, grants, graffiti clean-up, storm drain cleaning, standing water, etc.
- Build beautification teams on each block
– cut grass
– weed clean-up
– string trimming
– flower planting
– trash pick up
– train on landscaping
– equipment loan/rental
– donate plants, flowers