Neighborhood Safety Committee Overview:
Where our mission is brought to reality
- Determine vision
- Identify and rank priorities
- Select at least one goal to achieve by August 21
- For each activity, develop program plan: Tasks, responsibilities ,due date, budget. Internal and external resources needed
- Prepare monthly status report for each meeting and post on web site
Identify and implement alternative strategies for creating a greater sense of safety.
Facilitators: Orson and Amy Ward
- To actively promote safety and security for all residents of the 16 blocks that comprise CANA
- Identify problem areas, corners, alleys, building, etc. and work to improve them
- Work with the CAPS program to focus police resources in our community and to hold them accountable
- Work to bring dedicated beat officer, foot and bike patrols to our neighborhood.
- Develop Community Watch program and phone trees by block.
- Provide e-mail and text safety alerts to members in our community.
- Explore policing strategy that will improve how we are served through faster response times, more patrols and arrests.
– Make calls
– Write letters
– Attend CAPS meetings
– Maintain Safety area on web site
How to Volunteer:
– Please contact Ron Reid @ 708 308 8985 to be added to the volunteer list.